Circular saw is a vital tool, especially when it comes to DIY jobs. With the full range of circular saw available in the market, it is not always easy to choose a perfect one. But acquiring knowledge about them can certainly help. So, if you are looking for the best circular saw, this buying guide will help you out in choosing the best circular saw available in the market.
Best circular saw 2020
- Best circular saw 2020
- Factors to be considered for buying the best circular saw: Buying Guide
Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2″ Circular Saw
This circular saw is best to help in a wide range of small jobs. You can conveniently use it off-grid as it is battery powered. The blades of this saw are designed with 6 1/2 inches in diameter to facilitate the cutting of smaller pieces. It is provided with simple bevel adjustments up to 50 degrees as well as the depth of cut.
If you are a DIY enthusiast, this circular saw is an excellent choice. Overall, it is a powerful battery-operated circular saw which gives a clean and precise cut.
- Compact and light-weighted
- The motor of this saw is packed with 3700 RPMs
- Carbon brushes are provided for additional efficiency
- Bevel adjustments are simple and easy to use
- Lock up the lever to prevent switch trigger
- Designed ergonomically for easy usage
- Heavy gauge machine with extended durability
- Ideal blade diameter for cutting smaller pieces
- It does not feature any electric blade brake
- No storage case is provided
DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake
The impressive design and excellent customer support make it one of the best circulars saw to consider. It is easy to handle it due to its light-weighted structure. It easily rips off the rough materials and plywoods. It automatically clears off the sawdust. It comes with a carrying case and a spindle lock.
It comes with a 3-year warranty. You can easily make the bevel cuts between 0 and 57 degrees. It comes with an integrated dust blower and patented 15-Amp motor.
- It is priced relatively low when compared to other products with similar features
- Highly durable
- A compact case to transport easily
- It is light in weight with just 8.8 lbs
- Comfortable grip to add convenience while using
- It clears off the sawdust automatically
- A detailed user manual to guide you with its use
- It comes with an electric brake
- Rubberized handles are provided for secure handling
- It is not the right choice for heavy-duty cutting
- The speed of this saw is not very high
SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
From its impeccable manufacturer reputation to its affordable price range, this circular saw gives you all the reasons to pick. It is an excellent power tool that does not compromise with its quality. It easily removes the sawdust. Both arbor-size and standard blades are compatible with this. It has a blade positioned on its right, which aids the machine balance and makes it easy to handle.
It comes with a spindle lock that holds back the shaft in place and facilitates the changing of the blade easily. The easy laser guide shows you an easy-to-follow path to get a straight cut.
- A maneuverable and lightweight circular saw
- It comes with a laser guide to make straight cuts
- It is compatible with different blades
- It comes with a 7-1/4-in carbide-tipped blade
- It has a dust-blower to ensure improved visibility
- Easy narrow cut-offs with anti-snag lower guard
- 5300 RPM for faster cuts and higher speed
- The warranty period is concise
Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw
This thinner blade circular saw makes the cutting process faster and secure. It is a light-weighted, and easy-to-handle circular saw which comes with a more comfortable grip, better balance and reasonable control over its previous models. It does not require any professional training and quite easy to use. It comes with a reading manual that guides you through the simple wood-cutting tasks.
It comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s limited warranty. It is a motor-driven saw which takes lesser energy of the user and ensures faster cutting. Being precise and accurate with cuts, it avoids wastage of materials like timber.
- Thin blades penetrate quickly for faster cutting
- It comes with a strong motor
- Despite a small and handy saw, it works at par with the efficiency of the big saw
- A hex key is provided to change its blades easily
- It is compact and light in weight
- It comes with a 3-year warranty and one extended contract period
- It can easily cut different bevel angles up to 45-degrees with its bevel cuts
- It comes with a specially designed bag to facilitate its transportation
- It is an expensive circular saw
GALAX PRO 10A 5800RPM Hand-Held Circular Saw
This circular saw is priced reasonably, making it an affordable saw to pick. Weight at just 9 pounds, this light-weighted circular saw is easy to work with. You can easily do the jobs like laminate flooring, PVC pipes, Plastics, plastics, and plasterboards. It comes with multiple miter and bevel angles. It is suitable for plumbing applications with its adjustable base plate.
You need not jostle with the dust blow while at a job with its dust blower. It comes with a plastic lower guard to prevent accidents.
- It comes with a capacity of 5800 RPM
- It is quite affordable
- It comes with a dust blower to facilitate easy job
- A hex key is included for quick blade change
- It comes with a double trigger to extended double safety
- The 10-AMP weak motor is provided
- The new circular saw emits a chemical smell
Factors to be considered for buying the best circular saw: Buying Guide
Below are the crucial features which one should look for before finalizing the best circular saw:
Blades: A circular saw with a carbide-tipped wood cutting circular blade is best for all kinds of jobs. Factory blades are capable of handling only small tasks and cannot deal with concrete, metal, and tile. For deep cuts, you always need bigger blades.
Ergonomically designed: Most of the circular saw seems to be impacted, but they end-up with a different hand-on experience. Hence a visually appealing circular saw may not b as handy as it looks. Therefore, you should check before proceeding with a circular saw if it fits in your hand well or not.
Weight: Heavy saws can exert excessive pressure on your muscles and obstruct your work. Hence, you should prefer to buy the light-weighted and compactly designed circular saw which are quite easy to handle.
Cordless Vs Corded
Cordless circular saws are versatile as you need not look for a power outlet every time you start with your cutting process. Although both are almost equivalent when it comes to performance, cordless circular saws are more durable and robust over the corded circular saw.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Skii circular saws any good?
Skii circular saws are light in weight and easy to use. They efficiently remove the sawdust and comes with the great manoeuvre. The only downside is the shortest warranty period.
What is the lightest circular saw?
DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is the lightest circular saw which makes it ideal for the novice users and DIY projects. It comes with the powerful 15-AMP motor while weighing just at 8.8 lbs.
Who makes the best compact circular saw?
There are many players in the market which offers the best compact circular saws with specific features. However, the selection of best depends on the preferences and uses of the user.