If you are an ardent coffee lover whose day kick start’s with a refreshing shot of espresso, you land into the right place. Yes, a perfect espresso is impossible without the best automatic espresso machine. And if your espresso is super-automatic, you can expect consistent taste and hassle-free brewing experience.
You don’t need to polish your brewing skill, as an automatic espresso machine is here to address your need of a perfect cup of cappuccinos or latte at any time.
Best automatic espresso machines 2019
- Best automatic espresso machines 2019
- Delonghi ECAM28465M Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Jura IMPRESSA C65: Best Super automatic espresso machine under $1000
- Saeco Intelia Deluxe HD8759/47 Super-automatic
- Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Machine
- Gaggia RI8762 Anima Prestige Automatic Espresso Machine
- De’ Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
- Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Best automatic espresso machine : Buying guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Delonghi ECAM28465M Super Automatic Espresso Machine
This is the best buy super-automatic espresso maker which is equipped with excellent features and justifies its pricing. The premium quality design of this machine makes it a perfect match for your contemporary kitchen. All the three functions – latte, cappuccino and espresso can be switched easily with its one-touch panel.
A detailed user manual is provided to understand the various features available in it.
- It comes with custom settings and one-touch button
- Five different coffee strength settings for brewing a coffee as per your preference
- A cup warming tray to enjoy hot coffee
- Easy to clean and maintain
- LED display with a user interface
- An expensive automatic espresso machine
- Been hopper is relatively smaller
- The memory function of the machine is limited to one customized variant
Jura IMPRESSA C65: Best Super automatic espresso machine under $1000
It is counted as one of the best automatic machines under $1000. It offers a decent degree of customization, making it a reasonably priced espresso. With two rotary dials, it gives you a switch between hot water and steam from right and customization and programs from left.
It is appropriate for the new as well as casual users. Designed aesthetically, it is made up of sturdy ABS plastic. It is provided with the stainless steel conical burr grinder.
- Five different grind settings are provided by the grinder
- Jura’s ‘aroma+’ technology is available to ensure fast grinders
- Two-scoop bypass doser for pre-grounded coffee
- Two different temperature settings to add customization drink-by-drink
- The size of the water tank is generous
- It is easy to operate and clean
- No fine-grained control provided
- No milk carafe
Saeco Intelia Deluxe HD8759/47 Super-automatic
The excellent SS design of this espresso accentuates the interior of your kitchen. From kitchen countertop to kitchen table, you won’t mind it occupying any space for its sturdy make. This espresso ensures the consistent taste of espresso every morning to make them brighter. The dual chamber milk carafe is available within this machine to ensure rich froth every time you seek a refreshing cup of coffee.
The five types of adjustable grinder of this machine allow you to fix the granularity as per your preference. From its automatic milk frothing attachment to programmable shot time, dose control as well as a high-quality ceramic burr grinder, this machine deserves thumbs up!
- The superior functionality of this espresso makes it versatile
- A user-friendly machine which is perfect even for a novice user
- Adjustable grinder with by-pass doser
- Compact and sleek design
- Milk-carafe is also provided
- No control over milk frother
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Machine
With a nice polished look, this metallic design machine is super easy to clean and maintain. 2 filter holders are available for single shots and double shots. The easiy removable and adjustable parts make it easy to maintain.
You can easily adjust the foam level with a dial on the milk frother. The user-friendly interface makes it appropriate even for the beginners. 15-bar pressure is available by the electric pump to brew excellent espresso. Overall, it is a handy espresso machine which is super-convenient when it comes to home use.
- Removable water reservoir and Milk reservoir
- Detailed instruction manual
- Compact design and light-weighted
- Adjustable cup tray to accommodate different cup sizes
- The removable parts have a short life span
- Not able to grind the coffee
Gaggia RI8762 Anima Prestige Automatic Espresso Machine
When it comes to ease with usage, this espresso tops the chart. All you need is to add milk in milk tank and beans in the hopper. Your espresso is ready to refresh you to the core. It comes with a power cord length of 48 inches so that you can conveniently place it even away from the power points.
The capacity of the water reservoir is 60 oz and can be removed easily. As compared to any other model of Gaggia Anima Series, this machine is able to produce the best espresso. The stand-by mode of this machine consumes lower energy. If you can relinquish control for convenience, this machine is an ideal deal for you.
- 2-year warranty by the Gaggia USA
- Easily programmable options to switch between macchiatos, latte, cappuccino and latte
- Easy one-touch frothing and brewing
- Access to the water reservoir to have better control
- 3 different temperature settings
- Fully customized features
- The grinder is not capable of handling oily beans appropriately.
De’ Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
The modest and compact size of this super-automatic espresso makes it perfect to fit countertop as compared to other bulky machines. The silver metallic front with black plastic top and side make it a perfect addition to your modular kitchen. A huge 60 oz hefty water reservoir relieves you to fill it again and again quickly.
The front control panel allows the use to convenient adjusts the cup sizes up to 8 ounces. With its bypass doser, it is equally appropriate to use ground coffee. With its 15 bars, it can brew an irresistible espresso for you.
This machine is easy to use and strictly meant for ardent coffee lovers.
- Rich and creamy froth with its patented ‘cappuccino system’
- Easy to use push button control panel
- Easy to maintain with its half cleaning time as compared to other models
- ‘Direct-to-brew’ system for effective cleaning
- Excellent after-sales support and customer care to address your queries and issues.
- The grinder is noisy
- The milk frother is relatively slow
Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
A high performing semi-automatic machine which is capable to brew perfect espresso for you. It is one of the most economical machines and highly recommended for people with stringent budgets. Compared to other cheap-end models, this is one of the promising machine which promises great coffee without burning holes to your pocket. While the portafilter handle is designed in an excellent way, commercial grade group heads are used.
It contains a large capacity boiler of 2 ounce. The steam want allows to quickly brew several cups of coffee and the professional steaming knob controls the pressure of the steam.
- High-quality construction for extended durability
- It offers control over the temperature settings
- Easy and quick to operate
- Commercial-grade steam wand is provided
- The price of this espresso is unbeatable
- You need to purchase a grinder additionally
So, these are the 7 best automatic espresso machines which have some of the exclusive features which makes them stand out.
Before buying the best automatic espresso, it is important to consider the factors below to ensure that it perfectly suffice your requirements and justify your investments
Best automatic espresso machine : Buying guide
There are certain espressos which can be connected directly to the water-pipeline in kitchen to avoid the hassles of refilling the water reservoir. Most of the people prefer machines with large water reservoir.
It you are not going to brew coffee eer single day, you can choose a small reservoir as well to cut down its cost.
A flat burr grinder is the most recommended grinder to add the best flavour to your coffee. Most of the high-end machines are provided along with a grinder. But there are several economical machines as well which does not include grinder.
The overall quality of espresso is largely determined with its steam wand. They should be manually controlled to provide better results. It should have 2-4 holes. The ability to swivel from different angles and a good range of motion assures a perfect espresso.
Steam or Pump-powered
To create an impressive espresso, pressure plays a vital role. The steam is a classic option but it offers inconsistencies as well. Pump-powered machines give more control over the pressure and temperature of your espresso machine.
A high-end super automatic and a great semi-automatic machine are the two options to be considered or an automatic espresso machine. A super automatic machine is highly pre-programmed which offer a consistent taste with minimal effort.
But if you want more control, it is recommended to go with the semiautomatic machine. Semi-automatic machines are economical over super-automatic but require more manual interference.
Single or double boiler
As the single boilers are slower in heating up, these are economical as well. Double boiler heats up fast but costs you more as well. If time-saving is your priority, always buy a machine with double boiler. If money is a constraint for you, you can settle on the single boiler to save some.
Compared to commercial settings, portafilters in low-end machines are smaller. A portafilter which can hold 16-22 grams of coffee can brew a coffee like a café in your vicinity. The size of portafilter affect the size of shot.
As the removable parts of espresso machine makes it easy to clean and maintain. The quality of these parts is also important to avoid any excessive wear and tear.
Brand value plays a vital role in selecting the best automatic espresso machine. A brand with goodwill offer a reliable product with quality make. You can also expect good after-sales customer support with them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which espresso is better – Manual or Automatic?
A manual espresso gives the best control over brewing. If you master this art, nothing could be better than choosing a manual espresso machine to enjoy classic taste. But operating a manual espresso requires lot of practice and could be physically exhausting too. The taste of espresso also varies when you use manual espresso depending on your brewing effort. So, if you are longing for consistent taste and hassle-free brewing, automatic espressos are the best deals.
Which automatic espresso I should consider – Semi-automatic or super-automatic?
The choice of automatic depends on your preference between convenience and control. If you want good control and confident about your brewing skills, semi-automatic machine is best for you. If you are looking for a hassle-free brewing experience, super-automatic machine come a pre-programmed. All you need is to add the milk, water and coffee beans and your espresso is ready.
How to clean an automatic espresso to enhance its life-span?
- Spray down the brew group after removing it safely from espresso.
- Remove all other components such as drip tray, water reservoir and dregs and wash them thoroughly.
- Clean the internal chamber of the machine using soapy sponge
- Wipe all the components diligently with a clean cloth and place back.
Buying an automatic espresso is all about enjoying the comfort of pre-programmed machine which gives a hassle-free brewing experience. However, the choice between the semi-automatic and super-automatic is not only influenced with features but with the price range as well. Super-automatic are generally expensive than semi-automatic ones.
If you are sure about using your espresso almost on daily basis, it makes sense to make such a hefty investment. Before finalizing any machine, check the various online reviews posted by the various users. It will provide detailed information about the actual features and advantages of the product.
Look for the manufacturer who offers the after-sales services in your vicinity to avoid any post-sales hassles. If you are looking for a commercial purpose, please do check the best commercial espresso machines.